• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FARTbob

Floor texture change crashes the game

Question

Posted (edited)

Heyyyyyyyyyo,

In my wad when you trigger the linedef that lowers the floor and switches it to the adjacent texture, the game just crashes. The wad is for vanilla Doom 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by FARTbob

2 answers to this question

I'm going to guess you're talking about sector 602 of map01 - it's the same problem as here - namely, the vanilla action uses numeric model and depends on linedef index order to function correctly. Some incorrect setups may indeed crash vanilla/choco, where other source ports will simply not change the texture/effect.

Use Linedefs->Change Linedef index (for UDB) such that the linedef between the floor that's changing the texture and the adjacent source (original floor that has correct texture) has the lowest index among all linedefs of the lowering sector. For example, turn linedef #3727 into linedef #1.

8 hours ago, Doomy__Doom said:

I'm going to guess you're talking about sector 602 of map01 - it's the same problem as here - namely, the vanilla action uses numeric model and depends on linedef index order to function correctly. Some incorrect setups may indeed crash vanilla/choco, where other source ports will simply not change the texture/effect.

Use Linedefs->Change Linedef index (for UDB) such that the linedef between the floor that's changing the texture and the adjacent source (original floor that has correct texture) has the lowest index among all linedefs of the lowering sector. For example, turn linedef #3727 into linedef #1.

THANK YOU! I appreciate your help, it worked great and I didnt even know about that feature before

WHOA IT WORKS ON SECTORS TOO