Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thelamp

thelamp's Bestiary | MBF21 Decohack

These are fantastic! I wanted to do something similar to your flying imp, so cool to see that here! These are all really creative and fun, great stuff!

I may not really like The Rebirth, but the duke of hell sprite has always been my fav redesign of the baron of hell. Makes em stand out just a little more than the hell knights. Awesome :)

God damn, a self-resurecting archvile? Evil shit, man. xD

20 hours ago, thelamp said:

New stuff!

had a buncha technical troubles making this but some doomers helped me out, particularly @Aurelius whose suggestion to use the +JUSTHIT flag saved the day

Just saw this video on youtube. So, these replace the regular dead monster decorations, die, and then they can be ressurrected by the archvile? Someone on youtube also asked about the killcount, how does this affect it? Realyl interested in this one in particular.

Posted (edited)

The initially spawned monster that dies does not count toward the killcount. The mod works by Spawning a new monster that does count. This means these monsters will only effect the killcount after they have been raised. This way 100% kills is possible without having to res+rekill every one of them which isn't practical or fun.

EDIT: I didn't want maps to start with the player having kills hence the initial monster not counting

That video was recorded before I'd worked out exactly how to handle this so disregard the mechanic shown there. In the video they are simply not counted at all. Which tbh I was going to be fine with, but quickly after posting that video I got several comments talking about killcount so I came up with a solution.

First compilation of resources can be found in op. All new objects now use "auto thing" to make it easier to make this mesh with your own stuff. ednums, sprite#s, and sfx#s are documented in code comments for ease as well. Enjoy!\

Bro these are so fun especially the knockdown Kabob sticks I can't get enough of that action!

Just finished watching clippy's video, and this looks awesome.

Well done.

Don't know if it's a good suggestion or not, but I liked the SpiderDemon with the magic restored by BeefGee (the magic does the same thing as the flames of the archvile) and the CyberDemon with BFG instead of rockets (with the green light on his body when he fires the BFG) also made by BeefGee. If asked, maybe he would like to see them in a bestiary like this.