Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Fav Sonic the Hedgehog Game (the real poll)

Whats your fav Sonic the Hedgehog Game?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your fav Sonic the Hedgehog Game?

• Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 3
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
    • Sonic Spinball
    • Sonic Adventure
    • Sonic Adventure 2
    • Sonic R
    • Sonic 3D Blast
    • Hand-held Sonic Games (various)
    • Sonic CD

The Ultimate DooMer said:

You want the Yamaha SoftSynth version, it's much better.

Well, wouldn't I have to HAVE a Yamaha SoftSynth synthesizer in order to get the full quality of it?

My MIDI driver (SBLive!) makes the one I posted sound better. (Yes, I did just listen to it).

BTW, isn't the one I posted the one in SSD?

Sonic 1 is the original, the classic. None of the other ones can beat it.

Sonic CD is good too, although I like the Japanese version's music better than the N. American release. Sonic CD is available on PC, but it seems the load times are unfortunately the same as the Sega CD version.

Sonic R isn't bad if you turn off those retarded lyrics. It's also available on the PC with your choice of software or Direct 3d rendering, oh boy!

Sonic 1, 2, Chaos, Chaos 2, 3D on the GG. Although I've only owned the first two.

I'd say Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.
Like Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 & Knuckles brought so much into the Sonic games, and advanced it greatly. Not to mention the one and Only console game with lock-on Technology. 3 playable characters with their own strengths and weaknesses, many stages with alternate ways to complete, "3D"-like bonus Stages, Super and Hyper abilities, the ability to fly with Tails, carry Sonic while flying, Swim, Knuckles being introduced and playable, Sonic's new abilities, the new shields and their ablities with Sonic, magnificant music for each stage, a Final Stage, it had it all (for its time and still). Endless hours (or in my case years) of quality gameplay. And so much more. In my opinion, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles was Sonic the Hedgehog at it's Prime.
Thus concluding most of the reason, I choose it for being my All-Time Favourite Sonic the Hedgehog game. :)

- Sonic 1 for starting it all

- Sonic 2 for introducing Tails and Super Sonic

- Sonic 3 for introducing Knuckles

- S&K for making Knuckles playable and it's lock-on technology

- Sonic CD making the breif fame on Metal Sonic

- Sonic Adevture for the Final Boss and awesome soundtrack

- Sonic Adventure 2 also for it's Final Boss and awesome soundtrack

2: the control system was awkward, thanks to the attempt to make all camera angles "cinematic" and such. In both games, this is noticable when you are running along a straight path, hit the edge because you couldnt make out which direction on the pad goes "forward" and come to a dead stop. Thankyou roving camera, thankyou and die.

SA2 added a level of criminality to this that I cant forgive: going off the edge of a jump where you have to land on a tiny grind rail, the camera swerves to the side so you can see your amazing acrobatic stunts in action! Thus again disorientating your thumbstick control and plummeting you to your doom.....again.......and again.......and again....

I can't believe how many gamers and reviewers complained about the cinematic camra shots! It has effected me very little. The only problem I think I've had involving the camra in in Final Run in SA2, where's this one platform behind the camra's view and so to sort-of have to guess where you need to jump. There's pods on the platform anyway and you use Sonic's homing-jump to get there anyway, soz....

The Sonic Adventures wern't terribly linar either. There were the different level types for each character, let alone those Knuckles/Rouge missions where you'd explore sometimes huge areas. Each level had five modes to be played in too.

IMO the camera angles when doing things such as sliding on rails alot (such as the last level "Final Rush") weren't that complicated or distracting. If the camera angle changes, you just keep pressing in the direction you're already going in, it's that easy. I personally never had any problems with camera angles actually.

Heh, raising a Chao in Sonic Adventure 2 was fun. Mainly because of the addition of the Hero Gardens and Dark Gardens. The Dark Garden was awesome, very dark and hellish, a lake of blood. Plus, if you raise a Chao as dark or evil, its usually very awesome looking, with freakin spiked teeth, awesome markings, and it turns black.

I've never even played SA2. I have SA and it was a good game to show of the Dreamcast as a release title. But as far as a Sonic game goes, it's pretty much entirely different from the previous Sonic games.

Phantasy Star Online sucks too. Damn the current Sonic Team to hell, leave the classics alone. I never understood how Sonic Team got their hands on the Phantasy Star series anyway. I realize a lot of the original staff from the original Phantasy Star went on to form Sonic Team, but PS1-4 were never Sonic Team productions as far as I know.

People will look at me funny, but despite all the Sonic games I've played, I like the first Sonic the best. I also have a small soft spot for the Game Gear titles, which are notably absent from this poll.

Lost Soul said:

I also have a small soft spot for the Game Gear titles, which are notably absent from this poll.

Poll option:
Hand-held Sonic Games (various)