Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperSlammer2

your ringtones

Bank said:

You sir are incredibly misguided.

Thank you for the correction sir. My friend and I are going to have a little chat about musical accuracy in the near future. :)

Though it is possible that he was as misguided as I was.

I have one of the default ones. It's supposed to sound like a phone ringing, but since it's a sound loop it sounds more like "ring-ring-ring-ring-ring" ad nauseum. I really need to get a new one. I only got a cell phone a month ago, so that's my excuse. Had to get one because all my friends (and work) were annoyed that they could never reach me. Also had a couple emergencies where it would have been great if I had a cellphone, and not having one cost me time and money. For instance, getting stranded at the mall in the middle of the night with no change, where it costs $5 a phone call and I had to call 3-4 people because no one was picking up.

Right now it just plain rings, but for a while I had the ff fanfare. I stopped using it because I felt like a dork whenever my phone went off in the store.

All ringtones suck. Regardless of how cool a song it might be, it sucks as a ringtone. Silent ftw.

Also, those stupid novelty voice ones are even worse. I can't believe people are retarded enough to not only pay for that shit, but actually find it amusing.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

That's why I use epicfart.mp3, which is a horrid, rank and absolutely dreadful fart beyond human ability to withstand. It's totally unique.

I laughed out loud during my holiday in the Netherlands, where there was a commercial for a ringtone (SMS 'TERROR AAN' to 6969 or whatever)... "Achmed the Dead Terrorist! The funniest ventriloquist's dummy from America"... Great, all I wanna hear when I receive a call is, "Silence, I kill you". Hilarious.

Yeah, it's really weird knowing that people actually pay for that stuff... These days, no phone gets sold without bluetooth and/or a cable.

fraggle said:

Sonic the Hedgehog - Green Hill Zone

Sonic the Hedgehog - Scrambled Egg Zone

I haven't had a ringtone for over six years. The harder you try to have a cool one, the more stupid you look when you're on your own on the bus. Silent + vibrate will suffice.

Kyka said:

A friend sent me an MP3 of an old Frank Sinatra song which I have been using as a ringtone.

"Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring.... Bananaphone
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring... Bananaphone
I got this feelin'
So appealing.
For us to get together and sing. Sing!"

How depressing

Because my phone is an unlockable el cheapo model I use the Nokia "mystique.mp3"

I can't justify the cost but might get one for emergencies.

Danarchy said:

It's supposed to sound like a phone ringing, but since it's a sound loop it sounds more like "ring-ring-ring-ring-ring" ad nauseum.

Get a ringtone editor and make it sound more like a real phone.

Pantera's Walk is my Basic Ringtone.
Aerosmith's Angel is my Girlfriends Ringtone.
Atreyu's Shameful is my Text alert.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Haloless0320 said:

Pantera's Walk is my Basic Ringtone.
Aerosmith's Angel is my Girlfriends Ringtone.
Atreyu's Shameful is my Text alert.

Ralphis said:

How depressing

Mine's on vibrate at all times because having some obnoxious tune play in choppy clipped staticky quality is just embarassing. However, If my phone did support midi's as ringtones, It would definitely be the intermission song from Doom 1.

The 13/8 part of Metropolis Pt. 1 by Dream Theater, the shred unison from the same song, Chocolate Rain by Tay Zonday, and Bye Bye Bye by *N SYNC.

EDIT: I have never actually used these. My phone has been on vibrate since I got it.

My phone is consistently on vibrate, though I have considered using that Picard song clip from Post Hell.....

looking around in the options menu on my phone (a cheapo LG Flare) i can't find how to set it to vibrate only so i just went with the "classic" tone that sounds like a traditional phone and put it on low volume

it seems that it does vibrate though but not 'hard' enough for you to notice it in your pocket, bummer

Sony Ericsson W850i, a walkman mobile phone that supports mp3 and many other music formats, great phone

At the moment, doom e1m1 is my wakeup alarm and ringtone (but I also have e3m8).
I'm thinking of using skulltag's d2dmsec next.

Infinite Ammunition said:

it seems that it does vibrate though but not 'hard' enough for you to notice it in your pocket, bummer

I have the same problem with my phone. I can never feel it vibrate. I turn it on vibrate whenever I'm at work, and after work I always have a bunch of missed calls.