Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

stuff that should be invented.

...only fifty more years before we can develop computers even more creative than humans. Scary. But seems like a great solution to the whole "government" deal.

...And the next thing we know is that we're in the middle of a nuclear war because these "creative" computers that we put in office as leaders have some sort of minor system malfunction :-)

Ok, ok, "creative AIs". Bah.

I hate all this paranoia regarding rogue AIs attacking humanity. You know, that's Microsoft's fault for sure. I don't know you people but all those military bases/satelites/bunkers/silos aren't exploding continually. I guess their coders rock or somethint :P

All I know is that machines built by humans never are perfect. There is always bound to occur malfunctions - just look at today's computers.

I'm not comfortable with giving a machine control over a nation, because it can suffer from system errors which *could* turn out fatal.

As long as it does not decide that humans are the cause of some problem and the easiest solution is to remove humans from the equation :)

I want to see a device that could write a complete song for you at the push of a button. I'm not talking randomly (crappily) placed notes, I mean real sounding songs.

It could write them in a particular style. Like say there was an Iron Maiden option:

You'd probably get a song that starts with a gentle acoustic riff that progresses into harmonized melodies played as single notes on each guitar in 4 bar phrases and then repeated in either the major or minor of that key (most likely e minor). The vocal lines would probably harmonize for the choruses and there might be a chant in the mid-section. The solos would be easy since the device would be familiar with scales and modes. Although the more I think about this the more far fetched it seems.

Then again a person could just go write music in the style of a band that's influenced him, but I still think it'd be interesting to hear a computer do it.

THEY SHOULD INVENT SOMETHING WHICH MAKES LISA TAYLOR REALISE SHE'S NOT GONNA GET A BETTER FUCK ANYWHERE AT UNI THAN ME.

Ooh, that's better.

THEY SHOULD INVENT SOMETHING WHICH MAKES LISA TAYLOR REALISE SHE'S NOT GONNA GET A BETTER FUCK ANYWHERE AT UNI THAN ME.

Tsk, tsk.
That's what happens when you're too fixated on women, sad, sad.

PRITCH, STOP INVITING NON-DOOMERS TO THIS FORUM DAMMIT!!!

He has no chance, if I cut 2" off his dick he would have a 1" hole in his stomach

My God, someone actually registered a new name just to spite me.

Maybe I'm dreaming all this...

It's a friggin joke.

Fod : well I guess coders know how to write "HARM HUMANS = BAD" in the code :)

I would've thought that this is more complicated to do than just write "HARM HUMANS=BAD".

And pritch: This LT wouldn't happen to be "the unattainable"?

Ooh, that's better.

It's called roofies. :P

Note: I in know way condone the use of roofies.

Heh, you're too observant, dsm. You got me. But she will be attained, oh yes, she will...

/evil grin

any updates on the amazing white-floaty stuff? Jizz and Mashmallows are not acceptable answers, neither are ones that begin with "How about..."

...Chances are that the doors are open to more idiot answers, but i've done the best i reasonably can...

Heh, you're too observant, dsm. You got me. But she will be attained, oh yes, she will...

/evil grin

/me shakes head slowly

He finaly lost it...

...I guess that means I'm next...

But she will be attained, oh yes, she will...

Never, not as long as your asshole points downwards

Good luck pritch, I think you've got yer work cut out for you.
/Me awaits pritch's countermove

(To self: I wonder how long this LT stays here - she's not doin' a particular good impression on me as of yet)