Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toke

Post a picture of yourself!

On 5/24/2021 at 9:39 PM, leejacksonaudio said:

Back to the present. Here's a picture from yesterday of my wife and myself at a ball game at Globe Life Park in Arlington, TX. The Astros lost. :(

Brenda_Me_GlobeLifePark_20210523a.jpg

What a difference a year makes. Boom boom, baby. Go 2022 World Series Champion 'Stros!!!

7 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

What a difference a year makes. Boom boom, baby. Go 2022 World Series Champion 'Stros!!!

You looked like you wanted the ground to swallow you up, and the missus couldn't be happier - is she not an Astros fan?

3 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

You looked like you wanted the ground to swallow you up, and the missus couldn't be happier - is she not an Astros fan?

She's not a baseball fan, period. She sat out the World Series in the master bedroom with a laptop and a stream of Law & Order. :(

Me, I was just goofing off in the above picture. I rarely take a picture with a straight face unless I'm not feeling good.

17 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

I was just goofing off in the above picture. I rarely take a picture with a straight face

Hah, I'm the same way, Lee! I hate having my picture taken, so I'm always a pulling either a Dreamworks Eyebrow raise or a manic, wide-eyed expression in pictures.

11 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Wait, my man Lee Jackson is a Astros fan?????!!!!!

RESPECT+++++

22 hours ago, Herr Dethnout said:

Wait, my man Lee Jackson is a Astros fan?????!!!!!

RESPECT+++++

Yep, spent a good chunk of my formative years (4 years old through 17 years old) in the Greater Houston area. Some of it rubbed off on me, mainly the pro sports. I miss the Oilers annually and see the Texans as a mediocre substitute (don't get me started on the Titans). I really miss the Houston Aeros WHA hockey team, and would LOVE to see them reborn as an NHL franchise to give the Dallas Stars fits, but for now, Go Stars.

Most of all, though, give me the Astros. They went on their first-ever playoff run my senior year of high school (my last years down in Houston) against the Phillies, in 1980. They nearly made it to the World Series back then, but got beat in three nail-biters in games 3, 4, and 5 to just miss out. This year was oh-so-sweet revenge for 1980, especially considering that my best friend up here in Dallas, Joe Siegler, is a Philadelphia expat and loves his Phillies (he's adopted the Texas Rangers in a big way, though, something I never really did). We had some rather fierce go-betweens during the 2022 World Series, with me having the last word upon Tucker's catch in foul territory for the third out in the ninth inning of game six. Mission accomplished, Astros. Go enjoy your trophy. ^_^

10 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

@Kyka what guitar are you playing mate? I can't see someone with an instrument and not ask about it heh

It is a Epiphone Les Paul... It belongs to Fred, a good friend and the lead engineer on that little project. We used it coz it was black and looked cooler than any of the guitars I own. Really nice guitar. He didn't want to sell it haha.

Spoiler

1895306057_Screenshot2022-11-16154217.png.7f4de782c0121625814359cd32c92f9f.png

5 hours ago, Kyka said:

It is a Epiphone Les Paul

Typically good, solid instruments.

1 hour ago, Murdoch said:

Typically good, solid instruments.

Absolutely agreed. Great sound, stayed in tune, easy to play, especially for an unfamiliar guitar. I would like to buy one after my experience with it.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:22 PM, Kyka said:

Awww f*** it. I don't normally post pics but 1) I had a lot of fun on a music video shoot a little while back, and 2) such an amazing community here on Doomworld, so here goes nothin...

This is a rehearsal run through for the shoot, with Matt our 2nd engineer and Ben, lead camera guy in the foreground. Laurz on drums and Sim on bass.

That's me on the far left, looking off into the distance. No idea what I was thinking about. Daydreaming probably. We are professionals, srsly...

And this one is me pretending to look cool and also pretending to be a drummer. I categorically do not play drums. At all.

Soz for monster size pictures.

Wow, very cool pics! :D When and where will you guys be playing? 

Me Easter 1993, no Doom but a C64 on a black and white TV.

Wasn't a fixed Setup, my Father put in on and off on different Locations.

Was often in my Room when Cousins came over, so we were able to play there.

Still have that Machine.

Feels like a whole other Dimension compared to today.

yo1993b.jpg.9786e820e45cc0b920da48b7ef7c03a0.jpg

Edit: This is actually a Screenshot from a VHS, but was a nice Snapshot imo.