Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Posted (edited)

That's perhaps more stemming from the fact that it was a fairly popular wad at SDA, with Opulent posting a revised Doom edition too.

In terms of shovelware, it was at least on the following (none of them very major or well-known releases):

Quake 'em https://archive.org/details/cdrom-quake-em

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/32849-cdtextfilescom-content-guide
Sprint Gamers Companion 5 (February 1995) [sprintos5]
Gold Medal Software (1994) volume 4 [goldmedal/volume4]
Night Owl Games 3 (1995) part 5 [nogames3/005a]

I remebmer a texture pack for map designers with generic "developer" textures, like the orange ones for HL2 . Do you have idea on what I'm talking about ? :) 

is there a mod that like combines doom and doom 2 so like there's doom 1 levels in doom 2 so it's just like one game also (Prboom-plus compatible)  so like there's the super shotgun and all the doom 2 enemies in it too. 🙂

1 hour ago, Code_Monster said:

is there a mod that like combines doom and doom 2 so like there's doom 1 levels in doom 2 so it's just like one game also (Prboom-plus compatible)  so like there's the super shotgun and all the doom 2 enemies in it too. 🙂

I've only got a 3ds

Posted (edited)

This is gonna be vague\cryptic:

I remember megawad with 4 smaller episodes...? It was advertised as easy wad with smaller maps. First episode have blue sky and propably green trees in first map.

Edit: found this screenshot:

Sky and trees looked  like that, maybe its this is the wad im looking for.image.png.bda5661c9d50e66865af46c5f7f3ec27.png

Edited by Zaratul

4 hours ago, LuciferSam86 said:

I remebmer a texture pack for map designers with generic "developer" textures, like the orange ones for HL2 . Do you have idea on what I'm talking about ? :) 

Pretty sure I know what you mean.

I'll take a look once I'm at my computer today.

5 hours ago, LuciferSam86 said:

I like how the underused thread keeps sinking past the first page...

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, LuciferSam86 said:

If it's not the one linked above, it could be Hamtex:

Used in the community project "Blocked-Out!":

8 hours ago, Zaratul said:

This is gonna be vague\cryptic:

I remember megawad with 4 smaller episodes...? It was advertised as easy wad with smaller maps. First episode have blue sky and propably green trees in first map.

Edit: found this screenshot:

Sky and trees looked  like that, maybe its this is the wad im looking for.

I don't know the WAD you're talking about, but the screenshot is of boomedit.wad.

Edited by Shepardus

Posted (edited)

[Edit: solved, it's Heartland]

Hi everyone. Looking for mod/wad/map. I believe it was 1 map long, but I might be mistaken.

Design: City themed, night. Very high detail, has custom textures, has at least one non-vanilla monster.

Progression: Starts in a subway train car, you exit into subway, then into the city. I distinctly remember there being a "secret area" gas station closer to the end of the map, which spawned custom monsters upon discovery.

Difficulty: pretty high, not for noobs, high number of demons, I think used every type except bosses, not too many ammo, so I might say carefully crafted difficulty. All in all, author is of very high skill.

I thought it was featured in one of the recent cacowards, but couldn't find it. I also tried looking through my youtube history, among people who play/review mods and wads, to no result.

Please, help me find it.

Edited by okbvinyl

Here's a third map development texture pack, made by BlackFish. Can't find the thread anymore, but the pack is on realm667.

11 hours ago, okbvinyl said:

Hi everyone. Looking for mod/wad/map. I believe it was 1 map long, but I might be mistaken.

Design: City themed, night. Very high detail, has custom textures, has at least one non-vanilla monster.

Progression: Starts in a subway train car, you exit into subway, then into the city. I distinctly remember there being a "secret area" gas station closer to the end of the map, which spawned custom monsters upon discovery.

Difficulty: pretty high, not for noobs, high number of demons, I think used every type except bosses, not too many ammo, so I might say carefully crafted difficulty. All in all, author is of very high skill.

I thought it was featured in one of the recent cacowards, but couldn't find it. I also tried looking through my youtube history, among people who play/review mods and wads, to no result.

Please, help me find it.

Sounds like the first map of Heartland, though that's not just one map.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Shepardus said:

Sounds like the first map of Heartland, though that's not just one map.

It absolutely is Heartland, thanks a lot!

I'm looking for a WAD for deathmatch.

• It's a WAD from the vanilla era.
  • It contained multiple maps (I think there were around 10).
  • The sounds were replaced with custom ones (for example, I believe the BFG sound was a human voice).
  • I remember MAP01 being a modified version of Entryway.
  • MAP04, I think, was a simple map with a large, dark, circular room.
  • From what I recall, the name was something like "Super Deathmatch," but since I can't find it with that name, it must have been something else.
  • I don't think it was part of the Dwango series.

On 8/11/2024 at 6:24 AM, Dreadopp said:

Is MAP12 (Sizable Complication) from the Trilogy what you're thinking of?

Yes! I completely forgot there was a third one!

By any chance, does anyone still have this wad?
I can't find it.

There’s some links that are dead on the contribution list. (Like Jimmy’s map The Floor is Lava and others) If someone has the maps in this megawad from the dead links, it would be great. Thanks.

Does anyone still have the Heretic mod "Dynamite Duchess" that they can share? I can't seem to find a working link to download it and I really want to try it out.

Posted (edited)

Hi. Hopefully someone can help me. I’ve tried to download the Doom2 wad compilations from

Squonkamatic For The People’s web site but the links are dead. They are Sq01, Sqe1m1, TheWar! & WolfenSq released in 1999. I’ve emailed SFTP about the wads but his email bounced. If anyone has a copy of them could they upload them to here ? Thank you. @Doomlover77  

Edited by Doomlover77

On 8/17/2024 at 3:35 PM, Sinshu said:

I'm looking for a WAD for deathmatch.

• It's a WAD from the vanilla era.
  • It contained multiple maps (I think there were around 10).
  • The sounds were replaced with custom ones (for example, I believe the BFG sound was a human voice).
  • I remember MAP01 being a modified version of Entryway.
  • MAP04, I think, was a simple map with a large, dark, circular room.
  • From what I recall, the name was something like "Super Deathmatch," but since I can't find it with that name, it must have been something else.
  • I don't think it was part of the Dwango series.

maybe this  SUPERDM.WAD?