Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

34 minutes ago, Burgish said:

Holy shit!

I had no idea your TC mod was supposed to be an autobiographical documentary.

Remind me not to ask how you get references for all your shambling undead corpses

Daggerfall, or the morgue I had to manage for a bit while working at my local hospital.
Cornea extractions, as well as bone and connective tissue donations are very hard to get out of the brain.

16 hours ago, elf-alchemist said:

Didn't expect to see mother Maria in Doomworld. Will this, sadly, be a Decorate/Zscript mod? I wanna shot demons as Maria in Woof!.

You mean vanilla reskin? I might work on that as well in the future.

13 hours ago, Cascade said:

Nikke elegg "bfg" machinegun (lol)

[snip]

this is so cool, cascade!!!

11 hours ago, DoomerBlazkowicz said:

You mean vanilla reskin? I might work on that as well in the future.

More or less, I'll take a vanilla reskin if the norm is DECORATE/Zscript, but I was hoping this would've been a DeHackEd/DEHEXTRA/MBF21 type of mod, then it would run on anything that isn't related to ZDoom.

Posted (edited)

This might not be that easily used, but if you've ever wanted a gross, nasty toilet for less-than-nice places (like the Black Oak Hotel in my WIP horror mod), I've got just the thing:

dirttoilet.png.bb247198ebff803f96f1ea2f0d76ac63.png

Based off (I think) the toilet sprite from Shadow Warrior and the nasty toilet from Pinochestein

Edited by YouAreTheDemons : Forgot to give sources

2 hours ago, YouAreTheDemons said:

This might not be that easily used, but if you've ever wanted a gross, nasty toilet for less-than-nice places (like the Black Oak Hotel in my WIP horror mod), I've got just the thing:

dirttoilet.png.bb247198ebff803f96f1ea2f0d76ac63.png

Yay! 💩👍🏿

Spinning hologram based on the one from Real667 (That doesn't spin)

H6XXl0S.gif

I think there's a few things I can do to improve my technique. I also forgot I could double-bill spiretes for reverse.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Spinning hologram based on the one from Real667 (That doesn't spin)

H6XXl0S.gif

I think there's a few things I can do to improve my technique. I also forgot I could double-bill spiretes for reverse.

The UAC hologram from Realm667 doesn't spin ? That's news to me, I was the one that updated it, and one of the features I particularly had in mind when I wanted to update it, was to make it possible to make the holograms able to be changed into spinning flatsprites (Before adding other stuff like consolidating the different hologram actors into one actor).

The .zip file the resource comes in (And the PK3 inside it) have a small text file that explains all the user variables that can be used to customize the singular hologram actor. For example, you can have a red modern UAC logo that spins at exactly 2.2 degrees per tic, with no dynamic lighting and particles. Also, the spinning effect needs User_2DSprite (To turn the actor into a +FLATSPRITE). 

image.png?ex=66086ef4&is=65f5f9f4&hm=8ed

1 hour ago, inkoalawetrust said:

The UAC hologram from Realm667 doesn't spin ? That's news to me, I was the one that updated it, and one of the features I particularly had in mind when I wanted to update it, was to make it possible to make the holograms able to be changed into spinning flatsprites (Before adding other stuff like consolidating the different hologram actors into one actor).

The .zip file the resource comes in (And the PK3 inside it) have a small text file that explains all the user variables that can be used to customize the singular hologram actor. For example, you can have a red modern UAC logo that spins at exactly 2.2 degrees per tic, with no dynamic lighting and particles. Also, the spinning effect needs User_2DSprite (To turn the actor into a +FLATSPRITE). 

image.png?ex=66086ef4&is=65f5f9f4&hm=8ed

Well, it doesn't spin outside gzDoom. I had to spin it myself because I'm working towards different port.

I didn't really check what it does in gzDoom, aplogies for incorrect info.

Asking here instead of making a new thread, does anyone have basic boulder or rock sprites that would fit the theme of grey mountains/cliffsides?

No, sadly, though you could likely just lasso a part of one of the rock textures from DooM in Gimp

7 minutes ago, DoomPlayer00 said:

Asking here instead of making a new thread, does anyone have basic boulder or rock sprites that would fit the theme of grey mountains/cliffsides?

I remembered this from DBP36 idk where it actually came from

TRE2A0.png

Posted (edited)

Might be a literal god send for some of you, no permission needed, just credits (It's a Hotchkiss HMG M1914)

HTKSA0.png.6ed6cb96c70cb6be6ba2e4d604202a8a.pngHTKFA0.png.9fa12ec260bc310f6b73ca545b9f3dbf.pngHTKFB0.png.18772ccd8a77a9f3690941d53adb9765.pngHTKFC0.png.cc8d06b376121e668e3dc4a374e44920.pngHTKFD0.png.bc5ea558f6d1c0bec0c3317402955d64.pngHTKGP0.png.958facb889e1c170871d3fa573f7ffe8.png

Edited by Mach 7

Do you have your lighting set up properly in Blender? At least on my screen, the sprites are so dark I can barely make out anything and they just look like black rectangles.

Not sure what you’re using to render the sprites, but I’ve always had kind of a hard time with lighting in Blender too. The final render never quite looks the same as it does while I’m working on it!

Posted (edited)

I think it's also necessary to point out that real guns aren't too dark and have some sort of shine. Delta, you could try to add shine on your models/sprites. You could also try to balance the overall colors with either gradient or darker/brighter color for each surface. Until then, they look a bit flat.

Posted (edited)

[Edit]

Added attack frames

ezgif-4-d7f5232328.gif

Edited by watto3699 : Added attack frames

On 3/20/2024 at 2:57 PM, ShallowB said:

Do you have your lighting set up properly in Blender? At least on my screen, the sprites are so dark I can barely make out anything and they just look like black rectangles.

Not sure what you’re using to render the sprites, but I’ve always had kind of a hard time with lighting in Blender too. The final render never quite looks the same as it does while I’m working on it!

my current computer struggles with rendering shadows in blender, magicavoxel can do it but it's very limited with the amount of space i can work with, only thing i can't change is the anti-aliasing however, i might try finding a way to touch them up in the future but idk

5 hours ago, watto3699 said:

Pistol zombieman edits

ezgif-7-5c20bd6387.gif

ezgif-7-186523f14c.gif

spritesheet (1).png

spritesheet.png

If Blood II used 2D sprites.