Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

1 hour ago, DΞLTΛ said:

was finally able to optimise magicavoxel so that sprites could be made in a quick and effective way (spoilered for large sizes)

These sprites are far too low-contrast to make anything out -- it just looks like an abstract black polygon. Unless you're going for a highly-stylized "silhouette" look for the thing you're working on (i.e. all map geometry is in very bright colors, and weapons & enemies are very dark black), it's unlikely that this will work unless the shading is touched up a bunch.

1 hour ago, Xaser said:

These sprites are far too low-contrast to make anything out -- it just looks like an abstract black polygon. Unless you're going for a highly-stylized "silhouette" look for the thing you're working on (i.e. all map geometry is in very bright colors, and weapons & enemies are very dark black), it's unlikely that this will work unless the shading is touched up a bunch.

well it's supposed to match my art style of solid colors and sharp polygonal lines and minimal shading

The Wasp from Sunder Map (called Hive Mother)

Adding new skill: can shooting chaingun like Spiderdemon because I found her gun similar gatlinggun of Spiderdemon (but smaller size).

Has 3000 HP so she can replaces Spiderdemon's appearances.

<removed>

Posted (edited)

@Hunghoang1992 Have you just taken a bunch of unedited sprites, and then just added them individually into one obscenely tall post?

STIMA0.png.ec83394ddf74a1d4972a44940a5ccbf1.pngMEDIA0.png.88044f96a068652589fd8722b5b92518.pngPSTRA0.png.b8f75ba279fb82224a902a3cef6a2238.png

I tried to edit the healing powerups in accordance to how it was done in the recent Tomb Raider Remaster (the red cross being gone due to, well, The Red Cross). What they chose to do is a green circle with a white cross inside of it.

This isn't Doom Palette-y (I mean, it's Palette friendly for my project), but the conversion to default Palette won't change much.

I'm not gonna end up using those so feel free to use.

On 2/8/2024 at 10:01 PM, LuzRoja29 said:

imagen_2024-02-09_000146727.png.fe26fb5849c9008e218553db8d37b072.png'Ze Healing is not as Rewarding as Ze Hurting!'

22 minutes ago, Desfar said:

Trying to loosely design a more decent looking zombie than my prior Hexen Zombie design.
So rather than trying to redesign, I'm going for a ground up approach.
This guy has components from other common zombies, though i cant quite put my finger on the head.
Any ideas on an improvement?
Possibledesign.png.60a4d1f21a6cea27dcee1b444c0f080e.png(x3 scale)

I think the teeth ought to be yellowed instead of whitish. Unless the Undead have excellent dental :P I really love the ground up design you're going for though. Looks cool.

11 minutes ago, Wo0p said:

I think the teeth ought to be yellowed instead of whitish. Unless the Undead have excellent dental :P I really love the ground up design you're going for though. Looks cool.

Noted!

The design is still rough with some additional blending needed for each limb.

3 hours ago, Desfar said:

Any ideas on an improvement?

Maybe try color matching from the hanged corpses so it looks consistent with them?

52 minutes ago, Desfar said:

Walk2.gif

I dig it, looks like a nice “folk horror” type enemy. Reminds me a bit of the monster from the film The Ritual. Or would fit nicely in a project called The Wicker Mancubus lol

On 3/1/2024 at 10:18 AM, DΞLTΛ said:

well it's supposed to match my art style of solid colors and sharp polygonal lines and minimal shading

Try brighter colors instead. That might work out.

image.png.95df053cab148f198e3954191af9cc79.png

here's an image of a WIP doom 64 super shotgun model that i'm doing, i'm planning on turning it into a reload animation and maybe angling it

7 hours ago, Grieferus said:

Try brighter colors instead. That might work out.

i did come up with a solution for making the sprites just that bit brighter, because magicavoxel has built in material editing options on a per-palette color basis, it allows me to change the materials for the colors which allows for metallic sheens, transparency for glass textures, and all sorts, and it only suffer a slight increase in render times but it works

testiossiougdfo.png.6ba0bcad3c362430b5a27f4373ac635d.png

It still just looks like a flat black shape, albeit with blue dots this time. Is there a reason you render it so dark?

Sgt_Markinho_sprite_form.png?ex=65fb2a47
O Markinho
Credits: Mark Quinn, DeeDeeOz, Pandut, Velocity Inc, Raven Software, TommyGalano5
Yes I am fully aware the barrel on the rifle is fucked I just don't know how to fix it cuz otherwise it looks plain lmao

4 minutes ago, Craneo said:

Yes I am fully aware the barrel on the rifle is fucked I just don't know how to fix it cuz otherwise it looks plain lmao

Plain/boring barrel is fine - could always add a bayonet, or maybe a more cop-appropriate tazer bayonet.

Either way, looks great to me!

On 3/1/2024 at 11:28 AM, Craneo said:

deepone64.png?ex=65f4a113&is=65e22c13&hm
D64 Deep One, credits to DrDoctor and Midway

This reminds me of the flood. Its disgustingly scary and i hate/love this. 

On 3/6/2024 at 4:18 PM, Tsran908 said:

5L2uhoY.png

credit to go:id Software,Xim,scalliano,high councilor,Mr. Freeze

freezerriflescientist.zip

I'd love to turn this guy into a plasmagunner, but my artisitic ability is insufficient to palette him for doom.