Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

THE MACHINE

im planning on compiling a ton of random maps ive made into a DUMP-like wad with a hub where you go play levels from and such

(pictured: this will be in there somewhere)

Just made the pic for my Community project which revolves around giant maps where the player is very small. It's called Doom Rats. Still, I feel very inexperienced to start it yet. I only have some maps under my belt, and I'm still learning about complevels and differences between source ports. I'm going to post the first map here the way it is now, it has been designed and tested for ZDoom based ports only, but it's still very much playable. It's called Happy Birthday because it's a gift for my brother. If anyone likes what they see and wants to help me with this, feeel free to reach out to me so we can talk. 

Download: Happy birthday (Public).7z

Project started:

Spoiler

Which one looks better?

jiLlBjN.jpg

EzJ1cZK.jpg

Some screenshots from the map:

azQnmzy.jpg

KZhxR0h.jpg

Mcm9DQz.jpg

Edited by jo2ukegappy

7 hours ago, Matt Eldrydge said:

These are few days old now, but I started a new area of my dream-inspired brutalist map, Structure.

KydTjNq.png

We must go through the Mines of Moria!

22 hours ago, jo2ukegappy said:

Just made the pic for my Community project which revolves around giant maps where the player is very small. It's called Doom Rats. Still, I feel very inexperienced to start it yet. I only have some maps under my belt, and I'm still learning about complevels and differences between source ports. I'm going to post the first map here the way it is now, it has been designed and tested for ZDoom based ports only, but it's still very much playable. It's called Happy Birthday because it's a gift for my brother. If anyone likes what they see and wants to help me with this, feeel free to reach out to me so we can talk. 

The first title pic looks better. 

I recall a community project that had a gigantic toilet with a roll of toilet paper  that was 2x the player's height, unfortunately I don't remember who made it. If you can track it down, they might be a good contributor.

1 minute ago, MarketAnarchy said:

The first title pic looks better. 

I recall a community project that had a gigantic toilet with a roll of toilet paper  that was 2x the player's height, unfortunately I don't remember who made it. If you can track it down, they might be a good contributor.

I used it! And I mentioned Mandrill Ass project in my topic as an inspiration, it had some cool rats style maps. I don't know if that was it. Hope I can find some people. I'm already starting work on my second map.

I've been preparing for an as of yet undisclosed project with custom MBF21 monsters. It will be split in 6 episodes and each needs a boss, so I made some, that really showcase what MBF21 can do.

10 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I've been preparing for an as of yet undisclosed project with custom MBF21 monsters. It will be split in 6 episodes and each needs a boss, so I made some, that really showcase what MBF21 can do.

Spoiler

They all look like complete arseholes - can't wait to wreck 'em.

May be because I'm on a shmup kick at the moment, but this looks like an absolute blast, VB.

23 hours ago, Matt Eldrydge said:

GvnuFum.png

Looks so good. Breathing new life into the classic textures (or maybe even breathing life into them for the first time :)

20 minutes ago, NeilForshaw said:

Looks so good. Breathing new life into the classic textures (or maybe even breathing life into them for the first time :)

Thanks, but I should say the only vanilla textures there are the MODWALL windows and metal light flat. I did pick textures that would align well with Doom's style though, gotta complement and use them somewhere. :P

On 9/12/2023 at 3:23 AM, Chookum said:

Headless Chicken, MAP29: 5-5: Bisch-Bosch

Just because the void is vast, dark, and empty doesn't mean you can't find yourself on a solid sliver of it that is as dangerous as it is vivid.

So, I missed the whole point of your message because  you hid your pictures in the quote thingie.  Your amazing work deserves more support, so please, in the future don't hide your pix.

On 9/23/2023 at 3:09 PM, ViolentBeetle said:

<YouTube Video>

That Death Knight with the chaingun/airborne grenade launcher is pretty cool at 2:24 in. (I believe thats a Tsran compilation (more is always better, cool stuff))

May I ask how did you get the grenade projectile to perform that attack?
Is my assumption correct in that the grenade projectile is two separate things?

My assumed process:

Knight fires grenade -> Grenade Projectile A (GPA) flies for X frames at Y tcs, then GPA calls for A_FaceTarget -> then fires Grenade Projectile B (GPB) fired at the Player.

1 hour ago, A.K. said:

May I ask how did you get the grenade projectile to perform that attack?
Is my assumption correct in that the grenade projectile is two separate things?

It used to be two things but I figured out how to have just one. It uses A_SpawnObject to launch projectile independent of where his target is, with a little forward speed and a lot of vertical speed, after a while executes A_SeekTracer with minimal angle at full circle. There's also A_JumpIfTracerCloser afterwards to detect if the target died while projectile was in mid-air, that would remove NOGRAVITY flag and have it fall to the ground to explode, but it's hard to demonstrate.

Edited by ViolentBeetle : I checked the code and it doesn't stop anymore, so corrected the reply.

Spoiler

Mini wad, 8 levels...is that a miniwad? I just changed the player sprite so when you die, you see Barbara sprite...tons of work going into this castle map, going to take time for screenshots and promo soon... finished up dehacked files tonight...it's called Barbara and Reggie's castle massacre, Reggie is kind of an RPG character through out the wad...all new sprites/sounds/texture/music...and at the end you get pregnant and spend eternity at work listening to joe bob Briggs recite the drive in mutant anthem as the ghost of your unborn baby smiles in the crib......bam.

InShot_20230922_143556868.jpg

Spoiler

Phone wouldn't put pics in spoiler sorry

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by nocisum

On 9/23/2023 at 6:16 PM, NeilForshaw said:

// very soviet... iron curtain look. nice.

4 hours ago, MarketAnarchy said:

I decided to replace map 1 of X² with recreated elements from the other maps in the wad. It's been interesting faking floors with midtextures. The gameplay won't be that impressive I suppose since it's just one cyber, but I'm impressed with the aesthetic I was able to get in 1 sector. It even has working bars and opening doors, so that's cool.

Here's a sample of what I have:

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

image.png

Holy shit! It's fabulous! Is this wad available or still in the development?