Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

8 minutes ago, TheGreenZap said:

I'm just about to finish up my first DM map. It's a Doom II map in a classic style. I plan to make more. I love DM.

Was a lot of fun giving you some pointers, and helping you test during the mapping process. Looking forward to getting a couple games in this soon!

I encourage you to make more - a little vanilla textures DM pack would be a good time.

:)

19 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Was a lot of fun giving you some pointers, and helping you test during the mapping process. Looking forward to getting a couple games in this soon!

I encourage you to make more - a little vanilla textures DM pack would be a good time.

:)

I really appreciate your help! It has helped me a ton!

That's exactly what I'm going to do, a pack!

Thank you!

I think the average light level is 128 for this map.  Idk how to make a normal map anymore.  It's either super dark or super colorful haha.  

dsda-doom_0.27.5_6_2_2024_7_53_38_PM.png

Posted (edited)

I did a 5th round of random deathmatch mapping - this time on Twitch! It went a lot better there than YT.

I rolled the randomizer at the start of the stream, and got FoxTex this time!

This too is a pack that I've used before, so this was a nice easy session also. The map took me 3.5 hours to complete this time.

Random Doom2 Deathmatch Mapping (STREAM 5): MAP05 - 'Destiny: Dusk':

i7L7SkZ.png

DJjZ85B.png

KcKpb0k.png

I went w/ a heckbase theme in this one - I'm still having trouble w/ this texture pack in Zandronum, so I took these shots in GZ.

Anyway, was a lot of fun! Excited to see what texture pack I'll get next - there's some really obscure ones in my randomizer!

:D

I finally got it.

A fully working Unmaker from Doom 64 in the Eternity Engine. Which can also be upgraded by collecting demon keys. The firing mechanics are slightly different and slightly randomized (port limitations), but the way it works is roughly the same. Ammo is not spent for test reasons, it is very easy to fix.

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 10:35 AM, 97th Century Fox said:

image.png.65dde9a195504788c9783d79aaa16b3f.png

Been tinkering away at an idea I got a few months ago. Curently working on the decorative sprites you see here. I'm using a modified dbp 47 color palette.

this is beautiful! :O

i have 6 "finished" maps but im too lazy to add gameplay.

mapo.png

I did my 6th round of random deathmatch mapping on Twitch!

I rolled the randomizer at the start of the stream, and got 'Vanilla Doom 2'!

The map only took me 3 hours to complete from beginning to end, this time. Partly because I'm so familiar w/ the pack's resources, of course.

Random Doom2 Deathmatch Mapping (STREAM 6): MAP06 - 'Deep Heck':

DUup02t.png

1gq8MeN.png

r6nHFKd.png

Wodjixe.png

I'm really hoping I get one of the more obscure texture packs from the randomizer next time - I've been getting a few that I've been familiar w/ in a row now!

List of packs used in streams so far:

Spoiler

1) Otex1.1
2) AquaTex
3) 5th Episode Textures
4) GothicDM1+2Tex
5) FoxTex

6) Vanilla Doom 2

Video of stream itself is available here - Twitch deletes streams very quickly - all my streams are being exported to YT also, to preserve them better:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2164482714

The streams have been going well so far - I've been able to complete my map each time w/ no issues.

Posted (edited)

Horror/DOOM 64 inspired map Im currently working on with a nice color palette (Retro Rough) made by @AshtralFiend (Ignore the fucked up spoilers)

Spoiler

image.png?ex=66636da7&is=66621c27&hm=49b

Spoiler

image.png?ex=66636dce&is=66621c4e&hm=726

Spoiler

image.png?ex=66636de9&is=66621c69&hm=220

Spoiler

image.png?ex=66636d8d&is=66621c0d&hm=f60

12 hours ago, The BMFG said:

Horror/DOOM 64 inspired map Im currently working on with a nice color palette (Retro Rough) made by @AshtralFiend (Ignore the fucked up spoilers)

Your lighting is doing that gorgeous palette justice - keep it up!

On 6/4/2024 at 6:35 PM, 97th Century Fox said:

image.png.65dde9a195504788c9783d79aaa16b3f.png

Been tinkering away at an idea I got a few months ago. Curently working on the decorative sprites you see here. I'm using a modified dbp 47 color palette.

is this underwater or on another planet or both? makes me long for a drexciyan wad

14 minutes ago, elborbahquarama said:

is this underwater or on another planet or both? makes me long for a drexciyan wad

Another planet pretty much, that place is meant to be a black desert

I did my 7th round of random deathmatch mapping on Twitch!

I rolled the randomizer at the start of the stream, and this time I got 'Too Much Brown'!

The map took me 3.5 hours to complete from beginning to end, this time.It's really an underrated texture pack - it's amazing for making a nukage base of some kind - which is exactly what I made this time around!

Great textures, glad I was able to use them.

Here are some screenshots from tonight's session!

Random Doom2 Deathmatch Mapping (STREAM 7): MAP07: Slippery Sludge:

KVRtRDW.png

nIwUjCN.png

SSwXnjE.png

E9Ojazo.png

Spoiler

1) Otex1.1
2) AquaTex
3) 5th Episode Textures
4) GothicDM1+2Tex
5) FoxTex

6) Vanilla Doom 2

7) Too Much Brown

8) ???

The VOD of this map can be viewed here: https://www.twitch.tv/arrowheadd2dm

So yeah, a lot of fun making this one! My first 6+ hour stream is tomorrow, so I'm planning on trying to get two maps done in one sitting - but we'll see how that goes!

I just finished my 8th round of random deathmatch mapping!

I decided to make 2 maps in 1 sitting today. The entire session took me 8 hours, 40 minutes.

The randomizer selected 'NMN Corp. Tex 2', and 'Darkbase' for the two texture packs.

NMN Corp. Tex 2 was a lot of fun to work w, and was a fully sized texture pack, unlike Darkbase - which was from 1998, made by a 15 year-old, and only had 20 total textures and flats. Needless to say, the latter map was much more difficult. All things considered, Darkbase textures are actually quite nice - I was pleased w/ them, just wish there was more! I supplemented it w/ Doom 2 textures, limiting myself to only 5 textures from the original game.

It was a lot of fun having to work w/ such a restriction! Anyway, here are screenshots from both:

Random Doom2 Deathmatch Mapping (STREAM 8): MAP08: Vertical Violence:

7gImXGO.png

W9WYOfp.png

zGImA0g.png
Random Doom2 Deathmatch Mapping (STREAM 8): MAP09: Grim Chambers:

c9vZ62N.png

vUaAbXG.png

Spoiler

1) Otex1.1
2) AquaTex
3) 5th Episode Textures
4) GothicDM1+2Tex
5) FoxTex

6) Vanilla Doom 2

7) Too Much Brown

8) NMN Corp. Tex 2 / Darkbase

The VOD of these maps being made is available here: https://www.twitch.tv/arrowheadd2dm/videos

My first 'long' stream went well!

I'm very glad!

My goal in this whole streaming thing right now, is to construct an entire 32 map megaWAD, and record every second of it - so far so good, I'm like a third of the way through, and it's only been a week! Will be my 6th DM megaWAD!

Been working on a map for

Hitscan enemies changed to non-hitscan. Also new weapons.

hmK9hd0.png

Just a quick, cozy little run & gun single map I started working on about 2 hours ago. I call it Shotgun Gardening.

Finished my 9th round of random deathmatch mapping!

The randomizer selected 'Silver Textures', and I paired this w/ the silver / grey textures from stock Doom 2.

This was a bit challenging, but I think the map turned out well. It ended up being a nice combo in the end.

Once I started pairing the new lights available in the silver pack w/ some sector lighting, things started coming together well!

Random Doom2 Deathmatch Mapping (STREAM 9): MAP10: Silver Salvo:

Gmc161P.png

EQ2S2i4.png

NAU7SGL.png

Spoiler

1) Otex1.1
2) AquaTex
3) 5th Episode Textures
4) GothicDM1+2Tex
5) FoxTex

6) Vanilla Doom 2

7) Too Much Brown

8) NMN Corp. Tex 2 / Darkbase

9) Silver Textures

10) ???

The VOD of these maps being made is available here: https://www.twitch.tv/arrowheadd2dm

Nice to be a third of the way through my new megaWAD already!

6 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

Finished my 9th round of random deathmatch mapping!

The randomizer selected 'Silver Textures', and I paired this w/ the silver / grey textures from stock Doom 2.

This was a bit challenging, but I think the map turned out well. It ended up being a nice combo in the end.

Once I started pairing the new lights available in the silver pack w/ some sector lighting, things started coming together well!

Random Doom2 Deathmatch Mapping (STREAM 9): MAP10: Silver Salvo:

Gmc161P.png

EQ2S2i4.png

NAU7SGL.png

There's some really strong contrast to some of these, enhanced by the lighting.

It's not completely cartoony, but it's definitely unique, and I'm really liking how much the matte stuff pops against the metallics.