And also make a blue variant

MMSYMB1.pngMMSYMB2.pngMMSYMB3.pngMMSYMB4.pngMMSYMB5.png

Now cut them up into tiles again!

4 hours ago, ChopBlock223 said:

Now cut them up into tiles again!

Definitely would like to see the addition of a green variant now 😃

While we at it, mid texture

MMSYMBmid.png

I just realized that I was mistaken and it's not 256 units wide, but 192, which might cause issues in some renderers. Beware, if you add it to your wad.

Being 192-tall is also a source of issues in the more vanilla-esque renderers because vanilla vertically tiles textures at 128, regardless of actual vertical size. Even if they're shorter than 128.

Also there's the deal with aspect ratio correction. Wall textures get stretched vertically by a 1.2 factor, so the 192x192 texture will end up virtually looking like a 192x230 texture.

10 hours ago, Wadmodder Shalton said:

Here's two covers that I converted to Doom's color pallete.

HTGK.pngTITUS.png

Feel free to use them and credit me.

d'ya really need credit for importing someone elses artwork into slade?

On 3/17/2022 at 3:47 AM, kirbyguy11 said:

Turns out Triscuits are great for making wood textures

CWOODHQ.png

Original:

772139500_IMG_27271.JPG.4438df5f3830cce63b2507ddd0325461.JPG

That is fucking brilliant! And delicious! 

6 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

d'ya really need credit for importing someone elses artwork into slade?

OOPS sorry about that.

Edit, just removed the credit part of my last texture post.

Edited by Wadmodder Shalton

7 hours ago, Gez said:

Being 192-tall is also a source of issues in the more vanilla-esque renderers because vanilla vertically tiles textures at 128, regardless of actual vertical size. Even if they're shorter than 128.

Also there's the deal with aspect ratio correction. Wall textures get stretched vertically by a 1.2 factor, so the 192x192 texture will end up virtually looking like a 192x230 texture.

That's true, but I think more ports resolved height than width.

As for stretches, I guess it can't be helped.

1 hour ago, ViolentBeetle said:

As for stretches, I guess it can't be helped.

Sure it can. All OTEX wall texture motifs have their proportions pre-compensated for this stretching. Circles, like this Memento Mori II pentagram, look very wrong in-engine if this isn't done.

In general, most participants in this thread could do well trying their work in-game before posting here, since that'd weed out a lot of mistakes and bad ideas.

15 minutes ago, ukiro said:

Sure it can. All OTEX wall texture motifs have their proportions pre-compensated for this stretching. Circles, like this Memento Mori II pentagram, look very wrong in-engine if this isn't done.

In general, most participants in this thread could do well trying their work in-game before posting here, since that'd weed out a lot of mistakes and bad ideas.

Fair point. Though I tried those pentagrams and they look fairly normal to me. I may just have poor sense of dimensions though.

I'm pretty sure GZDoom has an option that lets you toggle between 1x1 pixel ratio and Doom's original 1.2x1 ratio.

You might have yours set to 1x1, but that means your textures will look squashed or stretched for people playing vanilla or in other source ports or those who have GZDoom set to 1.2x1.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:48 PM, ukiro said:

Circles, like this Memento Mori II pentagram, look very wrong in-engine if this isn't done.

When it comes to using them for the floor, you're kind of out of luck because then you still end up with it coming out squashed in one direction, so I'd prefer the consistency instead. I don't think the stretching is that huge of a deal for things like these.

29 minutes ago, ChopBlock223 said:

When it comes to using them for the floor, you're kind of out of luck because then you still end up with it coming out squashed in one direction, so I'd prefer the consistency instead. I don't think the stretching is that huge of a deal for things like these.

I thought the floor didn’t get stretched the same way the walls do?

29 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

I thought the floor didn’t get stretched the same way the walls do?

Aspect ratio is aspect ratio, the display is stretched 20% taller, so everything is stretched.

Stuff on the floor gets stretched in whatever direction the player is looking. Since the player can move and rotate freely on the horizontal plane, this is not static.

Stuff on the walls always get stretched in the same direction, though.

BHELL99.png

Was browsing Blood textures again, saw the secret exit switch, IIRC, decided to create an alterate switched-off state

Original for comparison

BHELL99original.png

Update: Another Blood-based switch. I'm having doubts about the handle, it's probably superflous.

mask2.pngmask1red.png

Edited by ViolentBeetle