Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy²

Post your Doom textures!

On 9/6/2024 at 10:04 AM, DoomGappy said:

Was your Egyptpack mostly from powerslave? I am making this remake and the textures are great. If it's okay with you, can I send you a DM to talk about these textures?

mostly Powerslave with a few Hexen 2 textures here and there, I actually started using I think it was Tormentor667's or DBThanato's? Hexen 2 texturepack as a base, porting over assets to directly replace Doom 2 patches rather than being their own and adding the Powerslave stuff as well as recoloring and tweaking stuff accordingly, earlier version were more dusty brown, I ended up readding greens, speaking of, a few weeks ago when I was sick I started a small side project simillar to D64Graphx where I tried to make a fully vanilla version of it that also replaced monsters, even did a custom HUD, haven't workedo n it in a bit tho specially after feeling healthy again, got distracted with side projects and also the fact I will return to college after doing jackshit with my life post-pandemic, I am a bit scared and nerveous and been thinking of giving Doom a break too...

t5TvkUH.png.293cccefe367368f398f4a71efb759c3.png

@AshtralFiend I just tweaked this one to tile better colour-wise with some of your other lovely textures.  Hope you don't mind me sharing. :)

[Removed]

Edited by Oxyde : Author did not authorise use of some of these elements.

Love that prison, reminds me of the Goro Lair stage in Mortal Kombat 1

I made my first doom textures ever, and its a lion switch with different key variants

They may not look pretty, but I alteast tried (lion face without texture is included)

SWLN01.png

SWLN02.png

SWLN03.png

SWLN04.png

SWLN05.png

SWLN06.png

SWLN07.png

SWLN08.png

Lion2.png

Lion3.png

On 9/7/2024 at 7:41 PM, ViolentBeetle said:

The two faces in the middle look like they can be two states of the switches. Any chance you can produce them in a more switch-friendly size and material? I assume since you used AI, probably not.

That's a neat idea. I had a go at it. The faces aren't an exact match but they are close.

crazy faces switch.png

Quickly painted these two textures in Krita and took advantage of the "resynthesize texture" G'MIC filter to generate some variations.
flesh.png.ae2e9d453641077e5958e17d7684483d.pngbones.png.6e17acf34436255a535373bad60f09b5.pngbones_c.png.5790236947223303b57f343df81ddfca.pngbones_f.png.ccd8ab0e6d9ef719ccd11a42546bcb50.pngbones_e.png.0cea44aab27010a03b4c802c7d1c3eb8.pngflesh_b.png.4ab51beaa99351a6d23f299028023bb7.pngbones_g.png.04b268fc2281af6d3f79a9c755f807ab.pngbones_d.png.d71dc4d39af481e9652475c5acced923.png

+1 to the above -- speaking as someone trying to get all of these together into one big thing, it can be rather cumbersome, especially when textures are both small AND named after existing textures :')

this does not help to mask the descent into madness that is archving this whole thing but it definitely helps to embrace it :p

33 minutes ago, Captain Toenail said:

A few more textures pilfered from Quake3 and edited for use in classic Doom Hell-themed maps.

Can you share the window decals themselves? I'd like to be able to put them on more walls, and it seems like a lot of work to cut them out properly when you probably already have them on a separate layer or something.

And I took some liberty to remap the bricks into a pair of classic colors.

CTWALL2.png

CTWALL3.png

Edited by ViolentBeetle

23 hours ago, Captain Toenail said:

A few more textures pilfered from Quake3 and edited for use in classic Doom Hell-themed maps.

-snip-

q3_combos.zip

Definitely gonna look into some of those skulls!

1957765858_Cryptsinworks.png.b321d3961af400fa62fe5d28c90faffb.png

Taking my slightly improved artistic skills and reworking some of my older and rougher textures.
These are intended to be something along the lines of a higher class crypts, and as always i go way too heavy into monochromatics.
If anyone knows of some additional crypt type concepts, DM me asap!
Other comments/nitpicks/things to fix are welcome as well.
The algorithm requires engagement.