Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy²

Post your Doom textures!

On 9/6/2024 at 10:04 AM, DoomGappy said:

Was your Egyptpack mostly from powerslave? I am making this remake and the textures are great. If it's okay with you, can I send you a DM to talk about these textures?

mostly Powerslave with a few Hexen 2 textures here and there, I actually started using I think it was Tormentor667's or DBThanato's? Hexen 2 texturepack as a base, porting over assets to directly replace Doom 2 patches rather than being their own and adding the Powerslave stuff as well as recoloring and tweaking stuff accordingly, earlier version were more dusty brown, I ended up readding greens, speaking of, a few weeks ago when I was sick I started a small side project simillar to D64Graphx where I tried to make a fully vanilla version of it that also replaced monsters, even did a custom HUD, haven't workedo n it in a bit tho specially after feeling healthy again, got distracted with side projects and also the fact I will return to college after doing jackshit with my life post-pandemic, I am a bit scared and nerveous and been thinking of giving Doom a break too...

t5TvkUH.png.293cccefe367368f398f4a71efb759c3.png

@AshtralFiend I just tweaked this one to tile better colour-wise with some of your other lovely textures.  Hope you don't mind me sharing. :)

[Removed]

Edited by Oxyde : Author did not authorise use of some of these elements.

Love that prison, reminds me of the Goro Lair stage in Mortal Kombat 1

I made my first doom textures ever, and its a lion switch with different key variants

They may not look pretty, but I alteast tried (lion face without texture is included)

SWLN01.png

SWLN02.png

SWLN03.png

SWLN04.png

SWLN05.png

SWLN06.png

SWLN07.png

SWLN08.png

Lion2.png

Lion3.png

Prison_03.png.f7ef13050e5d8b09200c47b05f1525f8.pngPrison_02.png.bbd9891e8466e1095730a7379b800eef.pngPrison_01.png.d6baba87f1d125ee97b58b6bd9adcd55.pngArch_02.png.9c93671da88b3107e854c981f4f74ce0.pngPrison_Wall.png.a2a72cc68fd76583fdbf58241b6296ba.pngArch_01.png.98cd71e6a490a0d4e66fc5db3607ce1b.png

Remade!

Feel free to use!

These have been designed with the Heretic palette in mind. I'm not sure how Doom will work but feel free to use/try these.

On 9/7/2024 at 7:41 PM, ViolentBeetle said:

The two faces in the middle look like they can be two states of the switches. Any chance you can produce them in a more switch-friendly size and material? I assume since you used AI, probably not.

That's a neat idea. I had a go at it. The faces aren't an exact match but they are close.

crazy faces switch.png

+1 to the above -- speaking as someone trying to get all of these together into one big thing, it can be rather cumbersome, especially when textures are both small AND named after existing textures :')

this does not help to mask the descent into madness that is archving this whole thing but it definitely helps to embrace it :p

33 minutes ago, Captain Toenail said:

A few more textures pilfered from Quake3 and edited for use in classic Doom Hell-themed maps.

Can you share the window decals themselves? I'd like to be able to put them on more walls, and it seems like a lot of work to cut them out properly when you probably already have them on a separate layer or something.

And I took some liberty to remap the bricks into a pair of classic colors.

CTWALL2.png

CTWALL3.png

Edited by ViolentBeetle

23 hours ago, Captain Toenail said:

A few more textures pilfered from Quake3 and edited for use in classic Doom Hell-themed maps.

-snip-

q3_combos.zip

Definitely gonna look into some of those skulls!

1957765858_Cryptsinworks.png.b321d3961af400fa62fe5d28c90faffb.png

Taking my slightly improved artistic skills and reworking some of my older and rougher textures.
These are intended to be something along the lines of a higher class crypts, and as always i go way too heavy into monochromatics.
If anyone knows of some additional crypt type concepts, DM me asap!
Other comments/nitpicks/things to fix are welcome as well.
The algorithm requires engagement.