Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

So what, is it supposed to be a satirical game, like that Winnie The Pooh horror movie?

Playing Portal 2 for the first time after completing part one ages ago. Wheatley gave me some genuine laughs that I haven't had with games in a long time.

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

So what, is it supposed to be a satirical game, like that Winnie The Pooh horror movie?

No. Palworld isn't a satirical game to my knowledge, it's just a survival game with creature collection and automation mechanics that takes a different twist on the pokemon genre. Maybe some satirical elements to its concept, but I wouldn't put it in the category of joke games/movies.

May be best to just watch the trailer

9 minutes ago, Fonze said:

May be best to just watch the trailer

To be fair, I already did, but as I said, my mind just cannot comprehend it. XD

i play pokemon lost silver :p

heres the download if you guys want to play it

(Maybe don't post ROM hacks on DW, yeah? - Mod)

23 hours ago, Fonze said:

Life currently being consumed by palworld lol

Oh, I started playing it too. Awesome game, I've been looking for a suitable survival game for a long time.

And the best part is that it runs pretty well on my wooden laptop.

Touhou luna nights, AKA the game of waiting to the clock to reload

Spoiler

Captura%20de%20pantalla%20(1891).png?raw

Finally got around to beating Amid Evil after years of it sitting in my library. Those graphics were chefs kiss

image.png.a395d9b256570a04cc92dde3172f1891.png

Palworld, and there’s no end in sight lol. Just loving it all around. I honestly don’t peruse the net much at all and didn’t realize at the time that this game was taking over the entire planet it seems, but I saw like 3 of my friends were playing on Steam a couple nights ago so I decided to check it out. So glad I did. 

I decided to resurrect Quake2 as I'd just read about Call of the Machine new campaign. So I dusted off my Alienware...

The new campaign is pretty good actually. Not reeeeealy Q2 I felt, but definitely fun. Reminded me very much of Serious Sam actually. 

It did inspire me to set up Yamagi engine on my day to day Ubuntu box so I've been playing quite a bit of classic Q2 as well.

On 1/23/2024 at 11:49 AM, Serum said:

Finally got around to beating Amid Evil after years of it sitting in my library. Those graphics were chefs kiss

image.png.a395d9b256570a04cc92dde3172f1891.png

Freaking loved Amid Evil.  Though a couple of those later cosmically large, non-Euclidian levels gave me legitimate motion sickness, which was a new experience for me at the time.

Currently bouncing around between Spider-Man Remastered, Sniper Elite 4, and Baldur's Gate 3.  

Fursan al-Aqsa Remake.

The game has been trending lately due to the usual suspects throwing a hissy fit about it, so I decided to check it out and see what the fuss it was all about. It is quite janky, the humor is rather... juvenile and overall it is not the kind of game that would make in light of current events (a This War of Mine-style game would have been more appropriate in my opinion), but for a one-man effort, it is alright: think of it as Max Payne meets Serious Sam 3.

5 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Fursan al-Aqsa Remake.

The game has been trending lately due to the usual suspects throwing a hissy fit about it, so I decided to check it out and see what the fuss it was all about. It is quite janky, the humor is rather... juvenile and overall it is not the kind of game that would make in light of current events (a This War of Mine-style game would have been more appropriate in my opinion), but for a one-man effort, it is alright: think of it as Max Payne meets Serious Sam 3.

Oh, I've seen this game a couple of times. I get the impression that the author of this game doesn't take himself or his game too seriously

Either way, it is quite cathartic and also perhaps not as unrealistic as one might think. :P

I just finished Bulletstorm. I'd pretty much describe this game as "Gears of War meets Borderlands" in terms of tone. I laughed my ass off a lot on the dialogue.

Edited by Panzermann11

22 minutes ago, Panzermann11 said:

I just finished Bulletstorm.

Which version? The original or the Gearbox re-release?

43 minutes ago, Panzermann11 said:

The latter.

Have you played the original as well? I was wondering which version is superior.

I've been playing Alan Wake 2 and so far it's been pretty good. As someone who likes a lot of horror movies and stories, the game has a lot of things to appreciate about it, possibly my favourite thing is the art direction and use of vivid colours and lighting in many of it's set pieces. The gameplay is pretty good, not amazing but it doesn't have to be, and the story is interesting enough. I thought I'd find the intense meta-ness of it would bother me but it doesn't really because it's choices are mostly in favour of creating a fun, creepy time. 

I really hope that new Alone in the Dark is good, because I'm definitely in the mood for more decent horror games. 

1 hour ago, hybridial said:

I really hope that new Alone in the Dark is good, because I'm definitely in the mood for more decent horror games. 

Have you played the Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space remakes?

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

Have you played the Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space remakes?

I did play through Resident Evil 4 and it has very much the unique status as a remake to where I thought it was MUCH better than the original which I don't rate highly and feel doesn't have the tone of an RE game, even an action oriented RE game. 

I've still to play through Dead Space, though I've started it. I've heard it's mostly the same game as the original so it's not been a super high priority.

On 2/2/2024 at 10:47 PM, Rudolph said:

Have you played the original as well? I was wondering which version is superior.

Nope. I heard people say the original version looks better, but frankly, I think the Full Clip Edition looks pretty fine enough. Also, it's got New Game+ (Overkill Mode) the ability to play as Duke Nukem and some more I didn't know about, so I believe Full Clip is the superior one.

Edited by Panzermann11

Left 4 Dead 2

Addons are good but too many horny people make addons (that are for other horny people)

10/10 Characters

8/10 Weapons

10/10 Gameplay

10/10 enemies

11/10 replay ability

7/10 Story

4/10 horror

10/10 graphics

9/10 level design

Geneforge on a Pentium II 450MHz machine with Windows XP installed.

I would've played this on Windows 98 but the GOG version doesn't want to work on that operating system so I swapped SD cards (I had a SD to IDE adapter installed)

For a RPG game, I seem to be enjoying it but I like to see how far I can go, likely because I never completed an RPG game before.

XVHtH06.png