Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

DOOM

DOOM 

DOOM

(can u tell which one is which)

thps1+2

yakuza/ryu ga gotoku kenzan 

dragon quest xi 

cyberpunk

spider-man

the finals and rocket league sometimes kinda 

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Loved the first Prime game and Echoes is just as good, if not a bit better. In fact it's slowly inching its way to beating out Prime 1 as my favourite game of all time.

Taking a bit of a break from all the FPS stuff to replay Apollo Justice thanks to Capcom's new collection release. I hope they finish the job and do the Investigations games because those are excellent and deserve the exposure too. 

And aside from that, replaying Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, a game I can see accruing the highest hours on Steam if I keep going back and replaying it when it's possible the only game I did 100% achievements with and really did everything there was to be done.

It's a fun game though and I've not even toyed around much with the difficulty settings. 

BS F-Zero Deluxe.

Some absolute feckin' madmen threw their heads up and set about recreating ALL of the lost Satellaview F-Zero levels, complete with proper playfield tiles and backgrounds, using nothing but a VHS tape of the original gameplay as reference. Definitely a contender for Romhack of the Year and we're only in February.

19 hours ago, scalliano said:

BS F-Zero Deluxe.

that's awesome. like, genuinely inspiring. 
very enticed by the idea of modding fzeroX one day.

On 2/8/2024 at 8:25 AM, stylo said:

DOOM

DOOM 

DOOM

(can u tell which one is which)

i cannot *hangs head in shame

myself, i've been hunting in call of the wild with friends. finally got myself the 7mm Empress Magnum
image.png.ee236d8bbc68468eeafbc06de6401427.png

SIGNALIS.

It's... utterly horrible, absolutely painful. I can't stop playing it, it hurts so, so much.

I must become one with the King.
I must sing in unison once again.
Perhaps, this is hell.

Got into the Pheonix Wright series through the Steam remakes. Didn't seem like something I'd be into for the longest time, but actually these games are really fun. I've warmed up a lot to dialogue heavy games over the past few years, when before I would've been like, "ew, loads of text? Boring" Now I actually really enjoy games with a lot of (well written) dialogue.

Overall, just a very fun series with a fun narrative. Despite being about murder, it hits a good balance between serious and light-heartedness. Very much recommend!

Isn't it funny, how much fun people have had on this Banned User's thread. Thanks Neurosis! For this thread I mean, not getting banned...

Cosmo Dreamer & Like Dreamer: Double D Collection

Fanservicey pair of shoot 'em ups (much moreso on the latter), but really solid arcade-styled shoot 'em ups from an indie developer that can be seen as a love letter to the likes of Touhou and CAVE (e.g. Mushihimesama, Ketsui, DoDonPachi). I've been sinking some time trying to beat Cosmo Dreamer to see the ending while trying to practice on getting better on latter. Despite how challenging these games are with the dense bullet patterns, they're surprisingly quite accessible for newcomers of the genre that eases players through their Story Mode into the more intense stuff like the Trial Mode and the harder difficulty levels.

Cröixleur Σ - Deluxe Edition

An doujin hack and slash game from 2010 that has been updated for PS4, Vita, and Switch that was brought back to the PC years ago and I'm trying to clean up some of the Steam Achievements. This game is basically an arcade-styled take of the Bloody Palace mode from the later Devil May Cry games where you use a set of magical weapons to fight off waves of enemies quickly and efficiently as possibly since many of the game modes are under a time limit. This version of the game has brought over new gameplay enhancements, more characters, a visual overhaul from prior versions on PC, and new game modes. Sadly the PC port, for whatever stupid reason, took out the local co-op feature for some of the modes and doesn't have VR support like in the Japanese PlayStation 4 version (though they were willing to bring a facsimile on the Switch version through its gyro controls). Despite the repetitious gameplay, it's pretty neat hack and slash game with a bunch of modes to offer.

Doom 3

Replaying the original version via dhewm3 after compiling a 64-bit build of v1.5.3 RC1 and having a really nice time revisiting it like how I remembered on the original Xbox version but with the Enhanced Edition and HD Essentials mods.

On 2/6/2024 at 4:18 PM, THEBaratusII said:

Geneforge

I do love the entire Geneforge series. It isn't a good looking game. Has less than bare minimum animations. Not much sound and no music at all. It still manages to enthrall and be a great experience, at least for me.

Playing through Hexen 2 after not really gelling with the recently released Graven. I really like the setting and atmosphere in Graven but combat and general player feedback when interacting with the world feels so weightless and doesn't make exploring very fun. So I decided to give Hexen 2 another try, as I've never gotten past the second hub and never cared much for its settings or themes, but at least the combat feels good and flipping switches is satisfying. After recently playing Veil of Darkness once with each class and then playing Hexen and Deathkings with each class for the 50th time, I figure why not something new with Hexen 2.

Yn18IhC.png

I've always fought with getting any version including source ports to scale the hud elements and menu properly without locking them to the resolution or filtering them beyond reason. Seeing the statusbar shrunk to half its size with the borders just ending abruptly in glh2, and having to squint to read anything, I finally decided on GOG's software mode, though I did still have to jump through a few hoops to get the correct colors to display and I'm locked at 320x240 if I want the hud to display at an appropriate size, but honestly it's a tradeoff I can live with; I just don't know how a tiny hud or texture filtering that won't turn off doesn't drive other players crazy. I'd love to see a Nightdive Hexen 2 sometime in the future, that would be the ultimate.

Edited by Lippeth

Been going through baba is you again since my new phone reset all my progress. Haven't finished new adventures yet but figured I'd go through the base game and museum first since I've played through those before and don't remember all the levels. I just finished the base game again, sad at my title screen now with the knowledge of what I've done, but what a joy to replay!

Very few games can make me cackle like a madman in pure amusement, but baba the little cute eldrich horror is def one of them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM-_z4ociv5-CejSWS-qI

Late last year I discovered a game that's almost 6 years old: Red Dead Redemption 2. On top of which, it's for XBox, which is a huge departure for me, who cut his eye teeth on PC FPS games.

Then, recently, I got into Red Dead Online, another huge departure for me, who has lived in the single-player world for more than 2 decades. I really enjoy the co-op aspect, but the deathmatch side ..... not so much. Mainly because I am so used to fighting the computer-controlled/AI enemies of single player that when I'm up against a human enemy I utterly collapse. One time, I was chased across the countryside by a posse of 4 people and I was blasted to smithereens multiple times. I did manage to down some/all of them a handful of times, but "retreat" is a humbling word nonetheless.

On 2/16/2024 at 7:35 AM, AmethystViper said:

Cosmo Dreamer & Like Dreamer: Double D Collection

Fanservicey pair of shoot 'em ups (much moreso on the latter), but really solid arcade-styled shoot 'em ups from an indie developer that can be seen as a love letter to the likes of Touhou and CAVE (e.g. Mushihimesama, Ketsui, DoDonPachi). I've been sinking some time trying to beat Cosmo Dreamer to see the ending while trying to practice on getting better on latter. Despite how challenging these games are with the dense bullet patterns, they're surprisingly quite accessible for newcomers of the genre that eases players through their Story Mode into the more intense stuff like the Trial Mode and the harder difficulty levels.

I've been playing a lot of shmups lately, particularly caravan and boss-rush stuff, and I did happen to dip my toe into Outsider's Redneg Allstars demo. I wasn't initially a fan of the artwork, but the game won me over because it demonstrated that it knew exactly how bloody ridiculous it was - I think that point was around the cell-phone-wielding boss whose breasts are like eight times larger than the rest of her sprite. Something about it tipping over from immature titillation to outright lunacy just made me smile.

But yah, I've been putting way more time into Gorygyx Rush, Fire Arrow/+, Omega Blast, and especially Flight of Pigarus as of late. Something about 2-5 minute runs that require optimization makes my brain more happy than labbing Daioujou, no matter how much I enjoy the M2 port.

I’ve been doing something weird after having spent a long time in Morrowind. It’s tough to talk about because 1. it’s a very notorious and tired game, and 2. I’m enjoying it in a way that’s likely to annoy the few who still actively support it.

I’ll spare everyone from having to hear the actual title and will just say it rhymes with “Morld of Borecraft”. Here’s the “something weird”: I’m playing a heavily modified and offline version of it, effectively turning it into a single-player RPG.

I’m using a version of the game shortly after the release of the second expansion, not too long before Activision’s claws had fully dug-in and before the world got stupid with the third expansion.

I thought it would just be cute to try for an hour or so. That was a few weeks ago and now I’m nearly 58…

7 hours ago, BGreener said:

That was a few weeks ago and now I’m nearly 58…

The first time I read that it sounded like you're now nearly 58 years old. Heh.

I've come around on Graven and really enjoy it. I still haven't technically finished it due to the boss of chapter 2 not ever spawning, causing me to start the whole game over despite it being fixed in the latest patch, but I don't mind playing it again, even if it breaks at the same spot. I'm hopeful they keep updating it to at least iron out more bugs, but seeing a 2.0 in the future addressing some of the general negative feedback it's gotten would be supremely welcome.

There are certainly aspects that are questionable and even frustrating at times, but with an atmosphere this good I'm willing to put up with all the jank and bugs and stubborn design choices. One upside that helped me enjoy the game was that you can turn off the consumption of stamina in an ini file which makes running back from town to where you were before quitting the game less miserable, though it using stamina at all is pointless at best, and one of the worst implementations of stamina I've ever seen. The game is already so full of cheap deaths that adding stamina to that mix feels like they're just making it less fun on purpose, so it's great that there's an option to disable it.

A few days ago I took a break from Graven to replay Wrath: Aeon of Ruin but then found out they're releasing it for real this time and so I stopped because they update that game every time I get into it and breaks my save file. Plus I thought it had already come out a few years ago. Anyway I waited until it was released for real this time, deleted my latest incompatible save and played the snow level for the hundredth time and it's still fun.

Edited by Lippeth

Took me about a hundred tries(i.e. constant annoying resets) to finally get a favourable hole position and good enough wind as well as actually hitting the ball perfectly. I still have two more condors to go for the platinum trophy.

On 2/12/2024 at 9:43 PM, scalliano said:

BS F-Zero Deluxe.

Some absolute feckin' madmen threw their heads up and set about recreating ALL of the lost Satellaview F-Zero levels, complete with proper playfield tiles and backgrounds, using nothing but a VHS tape of the original gameplay as reference. Definitely a contender for Romhack of the Year and we're only in February.

In the same spirit, someone made their own bgm for the metal fort tracks some years ago:

making the SNES rock out hard with the plain old soundfont

i wanna play xcom 2 again but everytime I get the energy for it I remember that expansion for it with the zombie stuff and all the extra characters and factions and the superaliens you had to kill or something and I tune back out. does anyone know how to turn that half of the game off lol

11 minutes ago, yakfak said:

i wanna play xcom 2 again but everytime I get the energy for it I remember that expansion for it with the zombie stuff and all the extra characters and factions and the superaliens you had to kill or something and I tune back out. does anyone know how to turn that half of the game off lol

There might be an option in game, but if not...

Are you on Steam? Go into the DLC section of properties for the game in the library screen, and there'll be some checkmarks for all the DLCs. Just disable those and you should be good.

(Different game but same idea)

image.png.2652ccb62d3f7ebdeb60b3707130becb.png

thanks! but i'm on xbox one and the expansion is packed with it on the same disc iirc

I'm in the middle of a bunch of games, in a mix and match mode:

Alan Wake 2, Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty, Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, and gonna start Like a Dragon Gaiden sometime soon too.

I've scratched my Warframe itch for the day, so I've taken up to playing The Nameless Mod for Deus Ex.

Half-Life: Echoes is done, and I'm still in awe at how grand in scope the mod is, compared to vanilla HL1 and other mods.

Bought a game called Loop Hero on Steam because I really liked the art style and I'm always looking for a roguelike/lite that I'll actually like, but after two hours it left me feeling as empty as any other roguelike/lite or mobile game does, though I read that it'll actually be available on mobile next month, so I may enjoy it more in that setting.

N6wP2pGm.png

I then booted up Infernax, a game I had bought over a year ago in the throes of a Castlevania binge but never fully dove into, and it's much more my speed at the moment, something along the lines of of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link and Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. I just noticed that the Steam achievements are all song titles from metal bands which, on one hand still doesn't make me care about achievements but on the other hand makes me do a DiCaprio snap whistle and point every time I unlock a new one.

g0iJv9Pm.png

Elden Ring, since I discovered a mod called "Carian Combo Warriors" that turns it into a sort-of stylish action game.

I've been enjoying my time with the new Contra: Operation Galuga - it's always a huge occasion when one of my favorite franchises gets a new title, seeing how few and far-between they have been (especially in the last decade). It's cool to see a lot of ideas taken throughout the series and put to good use in this game...I'm still processing that we have such a good Contra game again.

I have been playing Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader, I am not the biggest 40k fan, but I do like Crpgs, and my computer struggles with baldur's gate 3, so it's a nice game to play in the midterm.

Cotton Rock 'n' Roll. Had put it off forever because of both the silly price tag and the visual noise. And all my deaths have absolutely been from something I couldn't see because the screen is bleeding medals and multipliers on top of stage effects and bullets. But I would've happily paid more than a tenner for this. Every character legit makes it feel like a completely different game and I'm having a tonne of fun just sampling them all before I pick a playstyle to gun for a 1cc.