Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Varis Alpha

Project Doomjockey: A Doom Music Remix Project (RELEASE)

wzqur8K.png

DOWNLOAD HERE

ALSO AVAILABLE ON BANDCAMP

Project Doomjockey is a remix album based on the music from Doom. the goal was to experiment with creating various electronic-styled remixes of the OST, to make it stand out from most of the rock and metal remixes that the game's music spawns. the project was never finished, and languished in hell for years, until i decided to touch it up and release it in the state it was in.

17 of the game's 22 tracks are remixed in various styles. you may use these tracks for any of your Doom projects, as long as credit is given for them.

special thanks to Jimmy for massively reducing the file size of E2M8 since many years back, as well as for making the fonts displayed in the TITLEPIC and M_DOOM lumps.

i hope you'll enjoy this remix project.

Edited by Viscra Maelstrom

i was thinking about how "At Doom's Gate" will sounds as eurobeat tune... but maybe it could be too silly...

that sounds interesting enough that i'd probably attempt to do it, honestly! do you have any songs in mind that'd sound similar to how you imagined it to be like?

At Doom's Gate is now finished! https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q9miuh7ashf8qmv/At%20Doom%27s%20Gate.mp3?dl=0
it turned into some epic UK Hardcore/Eurobeat thing in the end: i had actually planned to do the song last at first, and completely fuck it up just because it'd be funny, but plans change, and i'm happy with how it came out like this. thanks to walter confalonieri for the idea!

so, i heard some of these songs from E1M1 to E2M2, and they're all pretty cool! About this question:

do you have any songs in mind that'd sound similar to how you imagined it to be like?

Uhm.. i don't have any other ideas so far for another tracks, over "something arab-ish" for e1m9/e3m9 music, i don't have any other ideas, sorry...

and yet another track is done, Hiding the Secrets! https://dl.dropbox.com/s/pm3pfsdub1y6ydk/Hiding%20The%20Secrets%20%28Finished%20Remix%29.mp3?dl=0

that makes 15 of 23, almost ready for release now! i'm thinking of making a demo wad including all of the E1 remixes done so far if there's any interest in that. should i bother or should i wait until everything is done first?

My friend, who likes electronic (but not dubstep) music, may like this.

Consider using OGG if possible, OP.

E1M1 link gives error 401 btw.

fixed, thank you. i actually forgot to update the link with the finished version. i've also updated E1M2 and E1M3 with the final versions. i use MP3 because if link the MP3s via my Dropbox, people can listen to the songs in the browser without having to download them first. OGG can't do that IIRC.

Heard some of the songs, the project seems pretty nice. I really like the remixes of E1M1 and E1M9.

E1 demo-wad is very close to be able to released! all i've left is to tweak the E1M6 remix and then i can stuff everything into wad. i've updated the OP with all the finished remixes, which is all the E1 tracks excluding E1M6. E1M7 even got a new part added into it!

OGG tends to play nicer with the ZDoom ports and they play automatically if you open the WAD in SLADE.

the WAD releases will not be in MP3, OGG, or any other sort of streamed format. it will be MIDI releases. i am putting up MP3 previews in the OP because then people can preview the songs in their browser, and also because i don't wanna release any MIDI files until i've reached a milestone goal. in this case, all of the E1 songs. don't worry, i'm not planning on abandoning this anytime soon. i'm like 75% done with this for god's sake, and MIDI is easy for me to work with.

Project Doomjockey's E1 demo-release is finally ready! it replaces E1's soundtrack with 9 remixes of my own; most of the files might have bugs in them that i am unable to catch at all, but i figure it's better to release what's available and get input and see if they cause trouble for other people.

so without further ado, download it here! (or in the OP.)

this project isn't dead guys, i swear! in fact, i've made a remix of Facing The Spider yesterday! https://dl.dropbox.com/s/bcutbk6tcogdt3u/facing%20the%20spider.mp3?dl=0

this one's a bit of volume-warning, since it's a speedcore/metal fusion track, sorta. it also has some interlude parts inspired by Andrew Hulshult's remix of the same track. this just leaves Donna to the Rescue left, and then i can release another demo of this project!

wzqur8K.png

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

DOWNLOAD HERE

this is simultaneously a big update and an insignificant one. after some soul-searching, i realized i don't have the motivation to finish this project, so i was thinking of canning it entirely. however, upon revisiting the tracks i had made here, i felt that what i had done with the project already was pretty good, and that it was so close to being finished anyway, that i'm going to release this project in the state it is in.

this means that Project Doomjockey is now finished, at least as well as it could have been. all the tracks i've remixed here (sans Untitled because i canned that one completely) can be used freely for your own mods, as long as credit is given. all the tracks have been touched up slightly, to iron out the kinks and make everything sound better. some tracks had minor modifications, others had much bigger changes to their song structure.

i'm sorry it took so long to get done. i was really stubborn about not releasing this earlier. i hope that the wait wasn't too bad, as the project is in a much better state now.

No problem, i was using the episode 1 early beta some days ago together with another mapset on vanilla doom, dosbox.

Thank you a lot for this nice work, Viscra.

Some of your tracks are outright fantastic, although I had to do a lot of testing to finally find one that goes well without a fancy soundfont and supports all kinds of cheap default MIDI in Windows and GZDoom, be it the system's built-in GM synth, GZDoom's built-in FluidSynth, or its software OPL synthesis, even when formatted to the highly limited MUS format. That track is D_E1M3--it's perfect for a vanilla-compatible map. I will use it for that (and, of course, credit you properly).

thank you for the kind words! all of the tracks in this project were developed with the default Microsoft synth, so some of the tracks might not sound correct with other types of soundfonts and MIDI playback devices.

i've also added a Youtube video to the OP now, which contains a stream of the whole album that you can listen to. i really should have done it sooner, but a bunch of stuff got in the way and i didn't have the time to do it until just now.

Oh, yes, I was using the Fluidsynth replay feature of Slade3, having it configured to use the soundfont that comes with GZDoom, and I also got CoolSoft's VirtualMIDISynth configured to use that soundfont, so it sounded a bit different from the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth.

You're right, some songs sound better with the GS.